I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday, be it morning, afternoon or night wherever you may be!
I've been thinking a bit about fantasy writing - after all, that's what the Eirdon books are. A couple of people have contacted me after reading Love and Sacrifice - which is great! I love to hear from people who care enough about the books to ask questions or make comments.
It's great to know that people so accept the world a fantasy author has created that they almost see it as a real place - and when something seems jarring and out of place, it unsettles them. When I have someone ask me about a certain device in Love and Sacrifice (no spoilers policy in effect!), I know that reader cares about and accepts the world of Eirdon. For me, there is no greater compliment.
It's very important to remember a couple of things:
- Eirdon is not Earth.
- The Eirdon Books are a series.
Time to reveal some of the plan:
The Prophecy Series will ultimately consist of four main books, with a few possible ancillary books as well. The main books are:
- Weaving Man - How Menders ended up at The Shadows with Princess Katrin and how he and the family he gathers around them lives out the next sixteen years.
- Love and Sacrifice - Covers the next sixteen years in the lives of Menders, Eiren, Katrin, Hemmett, Borsen and all the other characters. The focus is on all types of love (for people, country, places) and sacrifices that all the characters make.
- Eirdon - Covers the next ten to twelve years of all characters' lives - there is a great danger to the entire planet of Eirdon and it falls to Katrin and the rest of her family to struggle with the balance between light and dark.
- The Light At The Top Of The World - the fourth and final book of the main series - all is revealed and all questions that might be left hanging in the other books are wrapped up here, as the young genius, Dahrien (yep, you haven't met him yet!) unravels the great mystery of Eirdon.
So if something seems out of place or even impossible - it will be explained and revealed! Tove really hasn't snapped her cap and written something goofy!
Keep comments and questions coming! I truly appreciate each and every one of you and thank you so much for enjoying and caring about my stories.